Monday 10 December 2012

Capital tots goes to the Farm

Am totally new to blogging, but everyone tells me that I should, so here goes...perhaps this can be an extension of my "dear son" letters that I wrote during the first year of his life...it just seems strange to be writing and expecting complete strangers to want to hear my thoughts...

Just had a farm-filled weekend, started off with Mudchute Farm on Saturday morning which was a brilliant day out - really good for all ages - babies, toddlers and older ones - it feels like a slice of countryside in the middle of London - you are almost close enough to touch Canary Wharf - felt slightly like we had more fun than MLA visiting Santa, but at least he's done it now...the food there is delicious - the cafe is run by Frizzante, and Italian company who also run the cafe at Surrey Docks Farm and the Canadian Brunch was superb...

Next up was Bocketts Farm on Sunday - it's my favourite out of town farm for children, because it's just the right size and there's loads to do keep all ages happy. It's the second time I've been in the middle of winter, and really want to go back in the summer time, but despite it being freezing, MLA seemed to really enjoy it. It was the first time he'd paid any attention to the animals and seemed quite taken with feeding the cows and sheep.There were also some newborn lambs which were gorgeous - wanted to take them home! I even think Bockett's would be an OK wet-weather option as there's quite a lot to do undercover - including a soft-play area...we finished up with lunch and a glass of mulled wine (for me) in the cafe and then MLA slept all the way home...bliss!





No comments:

Post a Comment